|Cleveland State||A Grady 13.7||M Mason 6.1||C Lee 5.1|
|Green Bay||K Sykes 15.3||A Brown 6.8||K Sykes 4.0|
On Saturday, Cleveland State travels to Resch Center to take on Green Bay. It starts at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on HLN/ESPN3 or Sports32. The Vikings are 6-3 against the Phoenix over the last four years. They fell 71-67 on 2/21/2012, the last time they met.
Cleveland State is in 5th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 3rd place Green Bay.
In their last match-up on January 17th, Bryn Forbes put up 16 points and 6 rebounds for the Vikings in a loss to Milwaukee, 69-57. He is putting up 11.3 points per game while also averaging 3.0 rebounds per game. For the Phoenix, Jordan Fouse put up 12 points and 9 rebounds in the 67-58 win over Youngstown State on January 17th. With 6.8 rebounds per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Green Bay will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: free throw rate at 42.2 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.3.
Green Bay StatSmack
- Cleveland State is better at defending the three (32.6% allowed vs 37.9% allowed) than Green Bay this season.
- The Cleveland State steals leader (Marlin Mason) has more steals than the Green Bay steals leader (Keifer Sykes).
- Sebastian Douglas is ranked 5th in the Horizon in steals.
- Charlie Lee is ranked 8th in the Horizon in points, 6th in the Horizon in three-pointers, and 2nd in the Horizon in assists.
- Cleveland State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.651 to 0.552).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Cleveland State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 941) than Green Bay, per the NCAA.
- We make our fans proud. Cleveland State has a better record at home than Green Bay this season (5-0 vs 5-1).
- Even computers respect Cleveland State more. We have a better RPI this season than Green Bay (RPI: #137 vs #235).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Cleveland State has a stronger schedule than Green Bay this season (SOS Rank: #178 vs #217).
- Marlin Mason is ranked 10th in the Horizon in rebounds, 3rd in the Horizon in steals, and 3rd in the Horizon in blocks.
- The Cleveland State assist leader (Charlie Lee) has more assists than the Green Bay assist leader (Keifer Sykes).