(10-9, 6-7 away)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 18, 2013
||D Needham 14
||A Sidibe 5
||D Wade 3
||L Jones 22
||D Laury 9
||L Jones 4
Iona knocked off Fairfield 84-73 in MAAC action on Friday, January 18th. Sean Armand put on a show for the Gaels and put up 23 points plus five rebounds. David Laury had nine points and added 14 rebounds. Derek Needham got a team-high 26 points for the Stags, making 6 of 11 from three-point range. Next up for Iona (12-6, 5-1 MAAC) is Rider (10-9, 5-2 MAAC) on Sunday, January 20th on the road.
Iona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:27 left to go.
- Iona started 12-6 during the 2010, 2009, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Fairfield extended the Iona winning streak to 6 games.
- Iona beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Iona has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.0% or better.
- The Gaels have won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after recording 84 or more total points.
- Iona has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Iona has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Sean Armand has 23 points or more and 73% of the time (8-3) when Lamont Jones has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Gaels set a season high for blocks.
- Iona set season lows for assists and turnovers.
- The Gaels have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Iona has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Iona has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- David Laury recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- Lamont Jones accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- David Laury accounted for 36.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 18 games this season.
- David Laury has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Sean Armand's career.
- Sean Armand has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Lamont Jones's career.
- David Laury recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Fairfield Game Notes
- Fairfield lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Stags losing streak to 4 games.
- Derek Needham accounted for 35.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Amadou Sidibe and Marcus Gilbert) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Derek Needham has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Amadou Sidibe has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Derek Needham's career.
- Derek Needham set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- Amadou Sidibe recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Amadou Sidibe.