On Friday, January 18th, Stony Brook took on Vermont and was clipped by the Catamounts 81-73 in conference play. The Seawolves got a career-high 14 points and two rebounds from Scott King. Jameel Warney got a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Clancy Rugg registered a double-double for the Catamounts with 19 points and 15 rebounds. Next up for Stony Brook (13-5, 4-1 America East) is Maryland-Baltimore County (4-14, 2-3 America East) on Wednesday, January 23rd on the road.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:19 left to go.
- Stony Brook has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- The Seawolves have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Carson Puriefoy recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Dave Coley and Jameel Warney) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- Jameel Warney accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Dave Coley has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jameel Warney has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Vermont Game Notes
- Clancy Rugg recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Candon Rusin tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- Candon Rusin accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Clancy Rugg accounted for 48.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Candon Rusin has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Clancy Rugg has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Clancy Rugg recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Clancy Rugg set career highs with 19 points, 11 free throws made, 15 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Candon Rusin's career.
- Candon Rusin set career highs with 25 points and 9 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brian Voelkel.