Stony Brook 73
(13-5, 7-4 away)
(12-6, 7-2 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 18, 2013
||J Warney 12
||T Brenton 8
||T Brenton 4
||C Rugg 10
||B Voelkel 8
||B Voelkel 4
On Friday, January 18th, Vermont took on Stony Brook and knocked off the Seawolves 81-73 in America East play. Clancy Rugg got 19 points and 15 rebounds for the Catamounts, earning a double-double. Brian Voelkel had five points and added six assists. For the Seawolves, Scott King finished with a career-high 14 points and two rebounds. Vermont (12-6, 5-1 America East) takes on Maine (7-10, 2-2 America East) on Tuesday, January 22nd on the road.
Vermont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:19 left to go.
- Vermont started 12-6 during the 2008, 2006, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Stony Brook extended the Vermont winning streak to 3 games.
- The Catamounts have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Vermont has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Vermont has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UVM has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- UVM has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 27.3% three-point percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Trey Blue has 10 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Clancy Rugg has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (7-0) when Brian Voelkel has 6 assists or more.
- The Catamounts set a season high for free throws made.
- The Catamounts have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Vermont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UVM has a 9.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Clancy Rugg recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Candon Rusin tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- Candon Rusin accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Clancy Rugg accounted for 48.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Candon Rusin has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Clancy Rugg recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Clancy Rugg has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Clancy Rugg recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Clancy Rugg had career highs with 19 points, 11 free throws made, 15 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Candon Rusin's career.
- Candon Rusin had career highs with 25 points and 9 field goals made.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brian Voelkel.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- Carson Puriefoy recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Dave Coley and Jameel Warney) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- Jameel Warney accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Dave Coley has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jameel Warney has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.