|Southern Methodist||J Jones 15.0||J Jones 8.4||N Russell 4.2|
|UTEP||K Tucker 12.6||J Bohannon 6.5||J Streeter 4.8|
On Saturday, Texas-El Paso plays host to Southern Methodist at Don Haskins Center. The game gets underway at 4:00 EST and you can see it on CSS. The Miners are 7-1 against the Mustangs over the last four years. They lost 57-48 the last time they played (3/3/2012).
Texas-El Paso is in 4th place in the conference, Southern Methodist is in 9th place.
In their last match-up, John Bohannon finished with 11 points and 9 rebounds in the Miners 45-42 loss against Tulsa on January 16th. He leads the team with 6.5 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game. For the Mustangs, Jalen Jones finished with 20 points and 12 rebounds in the 74-70 loss to Southern Miss on January 16th. He leads the team in points with 15.0 per game, rebounds with 8.4 per game, and steals with 1.6 per game.
Southern Methodist StatSmack
- John Bohannon is ranked 5th in C-USA in blocks.
- The Texas-El Paso three-point leader (Konner Tucker) has more three-pointers than the Southern Methodist three-point leader (Nick Russell).
- We just win. Texas-El Paso has more wins over the last 5 years than Southern Methodist (114 vs 76).
- Jacques Streeter is ranked 5th in C-USA in assists.
- Texas-El Paso has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.645 to 0.443).
- Winning is in our blood. Texas-El Paso had a better record in close games than Southern Methodist last season (6-5 vs 3-8).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Texas-El Paso has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Southern Methodist (1 vs 0).
- Texas-El Paso is better under pressure, and has defeated Southern Methodist in 10 out of the last 17 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- It must sting. Texas-El Paso has blown out Southern Methodist by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2003.
|D+||K. Dunleavy Jr.||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|