(9) Michigan 83
(17-1, 3-1 away)
(9) Minnesota 75
(15-3, 12-2 home)
Venue: Williams Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||T Burke 18
||G Robinson III 5
||T Burke 7
||A Hollins 14
||T Mbakwe 8
||A Hollins 3
On Thursday, January 17th, No. 5 Michigan took on No. 9 Minnesota and clipped the Golden Gophers 83-75 in conference play. The Wolverines are now 2-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Wolverines were led by Trey Burke, who put up 18 points in 36 minutes. Tim Hardaway Jr had a game-high 21 points and added five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Golden Gophers, Austin Hollins got a career-high 21 points and six rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Michigan (17-1, 4-1 Big Ten) hosts Purdue (9-8, 3-2 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 24th.
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:07 left to go.
- Michigan beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Michigan played 51 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 13-38.
- The Wolverines set a season high for steals.
- The last time Michigan recorded at least 13 steals was Mar 07, 2010 against Michigan State.
- Michigan set a season low for rebounds.
- The top two scorers (Tim Hardaway Jr and Trey Burke) accounted for 46.9% of the points.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Tim Hardaway Jr's career.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Hardaway Jr had a career high with a 88% field goal percentage.
- Trey Burke has 18 straight double-digit point games.
Minnesota Game Notes
- Minnesota lost and did not cover the spread.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The top two scorers (Austin Hollins and Trevor Mbakwe) accounted for 45.3% of the points.
- Trevor Mbakwe accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Austin Hollins has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Trevor Mbakwe has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Austin Hollins's career.
- Austin Hollins set a career high with 21 points.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded the 33rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Mbakwe recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 29th of his career.
- Trevor Mbakwe set a career high with 5 blocks.
- Joe Coleman set a career high with 6 assists.
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||37||21||5||3||3||2||6|
|B||G. Robinson III||33||9||5||1||3||0||1|