USC Upstate 66
(9-9, 5-7 away)
Kennesaw State 54
(2-16, 1-7 home)
Venue: KSU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||T Craig 17
||R Glenn 8
||A Rodgers 2
||M Cummings 18
||A Anderson 7
||D Love 3
On Thursday, January 17th, USC Upstate took on Kennesaw State and won on the road versus the Owls 66-54 in conference action. Torrey Craig picked up a double-double in the win with a game-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. Jodd Maxey had eight points and added 13 rebounds. For the Owls, Delbert Love finished with a team-high 15 points and four rebounds. USC Upstate (9-9, 3-2 Atlantic Sun) takes on Mercer (11-8, 4-2 Atlantic Sun) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:21 left to go.
- The Spartans have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 17 or more assists.
- USC Upstate has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- USC Upstate has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- USC Upstate has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- USC Upstate has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.7% field goal percentage.
- USC Upstate set a season low for steals.
- The Spartans have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- USC Upstate has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Torrey Craig and Ricardo Glenn) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Jodd Maxey accounted for 31.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Torrey Craig has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Torrey Craig recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Torrey Craig has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Torrey Craig recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 16th of his career.
- Ty Greene has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jodd Maxey recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jodd Maxey had career highs with 13 rebounds, 10 defensive rebounds, and 5 assists.
- Ricardo Glenn had a career high with 8 field goals made.
Kennesaw State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Owls losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Delbert Love and Markeith Cummings) accounted for 46.2% of the points.
- Delbert Love has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Markeith Cummings has 6 straight double-digit point games.