Georgia Tech 57
(10-6, 0-4 away)
(3) Duke 73
(16-1, 14-0 home)
Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||M Georges-Hunt 10
||R Carter 6
||M Udofia 3
||M Plumlee 17
||M Plumlee 11
||Q Cook 6
Georgia Tech lost in a blowout to No. 3 Duke 73-57 in conference play in a game where the Blue Devils scored 30 points from three-point territory. Georgia Tech led 28-27 at the half, but was outplayed in the second half as Duke pulled away for good. The Yellow Jackets stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Yellow Jackets got a season-high 20 points and four rebounds from Chris Bolden. Daniel Miller had nine points and added nine rebounds. Mason Plumlee got a double-double for the Blue Devils on 16 points and 13 rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). The next game will be on Wednesday, January 23rd when Georgia Tech (10-6, 0-4 ACC) goes to North Carolina (11-5, 1-2 ACC).
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:05 left to go.
- Georgia Tech started 10-6 during the 2000 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, GT played 32 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-25.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Georgia Tech has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- The Yellow Jackets set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time GT recorded at least 21 turnovers was Feb 01, 2012 against Florida State.
- GT set a season low for assists.
- Georgia Tech has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Yellow Jackets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Chris Bolden recorded a team season high in points with 20.
- Chris Bolden accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Carter and Daniel Miller) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Robert Carter has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Chris Bolden's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mfon Udofia.
Duke Game Notes
- Seth Curry recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Mason Plumlee tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Seth Curry accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Seth Curry has led the team in scoring 8 times in 17 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 17 games this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded the 42nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mason Plumlee has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 29th of his career.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- Seth Curry set a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- Amile Jefferson recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.