Saint Joseph's 86
(9-6, 4-3 away)
(22) VCU 92
(15-3, 11-2 home)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||C Jones 15
||R Roberts Jr. 8
||C Wilson 3
||T Graham 16
||J Reddic 7
||D Theus 4
On Thursday, January 17th, No. 22 Virginia Commonwealth turned the ball over just five times and came out on top against St. Joseph's (PA) 92-86 in overtime. Darius Theus got a career-high 22 points and 10 assists (4 Stl 3 Reb) for the Rams, earning a double-double. Juvonte Reddic got a double-double as well with 15 points and 17 rebounds. Carl Jones got 21 points and six rebounds for the Hawks. Next up for Virginia Commonwealth (15-3, 3-0 A-10) is Duquesne (7-10, 0-3 A-10) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:15 left to go.
- The last time VCU started the season 15-3 was 2006.
- The win over St. Joseph's (PA) extended the Virginia Commonwealth winning streak to 12 games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rams have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 7-4.
- The Rams have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Virginia Commonwealth has won 35 close games.
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 92 or more total points.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.7% or better.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Rob Brandenberg has 12 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Juvonte Reddic has 7 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Treveon Graham has 7 rebounds or more.
- VCU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Rams have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 13 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--VCU has a 18.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Treveon Graham and Darius Theus) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 43.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Treveon Graham's career.
- Treveon Graham has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Treveon Graham had career highs with 10 field goals made and 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Darius Theus's career.
- Darius Theus recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Darius Theus had career highs with 22 points, 9 field goals made, and 10 assists.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 10th of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic had career highs with 17 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- The Hawks have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 32 close games.
- Chris Wilson recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and C.J. Aiken) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Langston Galloway's career.
- Langston Galloway has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Carl Jones's career.
- Chris Wilson set a career high with 9 assists.
|A||R. Roberts Jr.||41||14||12||0||0||1||1|