Saint Joseph's 86
(9-6, 4-3 away)
(22) VCU 92
(15-3, 11-2 home)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||C Jones 15
||R Roberts Jr. 8
||C Wilson 3
||T Graham 16
||J Reddic 7
||D Theus 4
On Thursday, January 17th, St. Joseph's (PA) forced only five turnovers and dropped one to No. 22 Virginia Commonwealth 92-86 in overtime. With the loss, the Hawks fall to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Carl Jones got 21 points and six rebounds in the Hawks loss. Ronald Roberts Jr. played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Darius Theus registered a double-double for the Rams on a career-high 22 points and 10 assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). St. Joseph's (PA) (9-6, 1-2 A-10) gets Pennsylvania (3-13, 0-1 Ivy) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:15 left to go.
- StJoe beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Hawks have beaten the spread.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Hawks have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 8-7.
- The Hawks have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 32 close games.
- Prior to this game, StJoe played 21 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-16.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.7% or better this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, St. Joseph's (PA) has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Hawks set season highs for field goals made and turnovers.
- The last time StJoe recorded at least 20 turnovers was Nov 22, 2009 against Purdue.
- StJoe set a season low for steals.
- The Hawks have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Chris Wilson recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- The top two scorers (Langston Galloway and Carl Jones) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and C.J. Aiken) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- Langston Galloway has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Langston Galloway's career.
- Langston Galloway has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Carl Jones's career.
- Chris Wilson had a career high with 9 assists.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Rams won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Commonwealth has lost 29 close games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Treveon Graham and Darius Theus) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 43.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Treveon Graham's career.
- Treveon Graham has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Treveon Graham set career highs with 10 field goals made and 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Darius Theus's career.
- Darius Theus recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Darius Theus set career highs with 22 points, 9 field goals made, and 10 assists.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 10th of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic set career highs with 17 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
|A||R. Roberts Jr.||41||14||12||0||0||1||1|