(7-10, 1-8 away)
(12-4, 7-3 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||S Johnson 14
||A Marhold 6
||D Colter 5
||C Williams 16
||C Lalanne 6
||C Williams 7
On Thursday, January 17th, Duquesne was edged by Massachusetts 79-66 in conference play. The Dukes got a career-high 29 points from Sean Johnson on 61% shooting in minutes. Andre Marhold had four points and added nine rebounds. For the Minutemen, Chaz Williams got a team-high 22 points and nine assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). Next up for Duquesne (7-10, 0-3 A-10) is 22nd-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (15-3, 3-0 A-10) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Duquesne Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- Duquesne started 7-10 during the 2002, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Dukes have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.3% or worse.
- Duquesne has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Duquesne has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better this season, Duquesne has lost 82% of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.8% or better this season, Duquesne has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Duquesne has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- Sean Johnson recorded a team season high in points with 29 and field goals made with 11.
- Sean Johnson accounted for 43.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Marhold and Jeremiah Jones) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Sean Johnson has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Andre Marhold has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Sean Johnson's career.
- Sean Johnson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Johnson had career highs with 29 points, 11 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- Andre Marhold had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 8 defensive rebounds.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chaz Williams and Terrell Vinson) accounted for 49.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cady Lalanne and Raphiael Putney) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Chaz Williams has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson set career highs with 8 field goals made and 5 assists.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cady Lalanne recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.