(7-10, 1-8 away)
(12-4, 7-3 home)
Venue: William D. Mullins Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||S Johnson 14
||A Marhold 6
||D Colter 5
||C Williams 16
||C Lalanne 6
||C Williams 7
Massachusetts beat Duquesne 79-66 in A-10 action on Thursday, January 17th. Chaz Williams had an impressive game for the Minutemen and put up a team-high 22 points and nine assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). Terrell Vinson had 17 points and added five assists. For the Dukes, Sean Johnson finished with a career-high 29 points on 61% shooting. Massachusetts (12-4, 2-1 A-10) takes on George Washington (7-8, 1-2 A-10) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- Massachusetts started 12-4 during the 2011, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- UMASS beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Minutemen have beaten the spread.
- Massachusetts has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8% or better.
- The Minutemen have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- UMASS has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 66 or fewer total points.
- UMASS has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Massachusetts has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Terrell Vinson has 17 points or more, 78% of the time (7-2) when Chaz Williams plays 37 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Freddie Riley has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Minutemen set a season high for assists.
- The Minutemen have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--UMASS has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chaz Williams and Terrell Vinson) accounted for 49.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cady Lalanne and Raphiael Putney) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Chaz Williams has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Cady Lalanne has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- Chaz Williams has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Vinson had career highs with 8 field goals made and 5 assists.
- Cady Lalanne recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cady Lalanne recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Duquesne Game Notes
- Duquesne lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Dukes losing streak to 5 games.
- Sean Johnson recorded a team season high in points with 29 and field goals made with 11.
- Sean Johnson accounted for 43.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andre Marhold and Jeremiah Jones) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Sean Johnson has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Andre Marhold has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Sean Johnson's career.
- Sean Johnson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Johnson set career highs with 29 points, 11 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
- Andre Marhold set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 8 defensive rebounds.