|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.4||P Medlin 3.2|
|Denver||C Udofia 12.4||R O`Neale 5.9||C Udofia 3.5|
Utah State heads to Magness Arena on Saturday to take on Denver. Tip-off is at 6:30 EST and you can catch it on ROOT-RM. The Aggies are 1-1 against the Pioneers over the last four years. They fell 67-54 on 11/30/2011, the last time they met.
Utah State is in 3rd place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 2nd place Denver.
In their last match-up, Preston Medlin finished with 14 points in the Aggies 64-51 loss against New Mexico State on January 17th. He leads the team in points with 16.3 per game and assists with 3.2 per game. For the Pioneers, Royce O`Neale put up 7 points and 10 rebounds in the 73-37 blowout of San Jose State on January 17th. He is averaging 12.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.9 per game. Denver will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 54.9 and turnover percentage at 19.6.
- Jarred Shaw is ranked 2nd in the WAC in rebounds and 8th in the WAC in blocks.
- Utah State allows fewer rebounds (27.1 allowed per game vs 32.3 allowed per game) than Denver this season.
- Even computers respect Utah State more. We have a better RPI this season than Denver (RPI: #126 vs #158).
- The Utah State rebounding leader (Jarred Shaw) has more rebounds than the Denver rebounding leader (Chris Udofia).
- It's only wins and losses, but Utah State has a better overall record than Denver this season (11-1 vs 5-7).
- Preston Medlin is ranked 7th in the WAC in points, 7th in the WAC in three-pointers, and 6th in the WAC in assists.
- AP voters think more highly of Utah State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Denver (23 vs 0).
- We just win. Utah State has more wins over the last 5 years than Denver (143 vs 85).
- The Utah State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Denver (100% vs 87%).
- Utah State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Denver (6 vs 0).