Louisiana-Monroe lost in a blowout to South Alabama 71-56 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. With the loss, the Warhawks stay winless against South Alabama this season at 0-2. The Warhawks were paced by Marcelis Hansberry, who put up a team-high 16 points on 78% shooting in 33 minutes. Millaun Brown had seven points and added three rebounds. For the Jaguars, Augustine Rubit finished with a game-high 23 points and nine rebounds. Next up for Louisiana-Monroe (3-11, 2-6 Sun Belt) is Arkansas State (10-7, 4-2 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Louisiana-Monroe Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:50 left to go.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Warhawks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 21 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 6 or more three-pointers this season, Louisiana-Monroe has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- The Warhawks set a season high for steals.
- ULM set season lows for blocks and three-pointers.
- Louisiana-Monroe has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Marcelis Hansberry and Amos Olatayo) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayon James and Amos Olatayo) accounted for 48.0% of the rebounds.
- Jayon James has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 14 games this season.
- Marcelis Hansberry had career highs with 7 field goals made and 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jayon James.
South Alabama Game Notes
- Dre Conner recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Augustine Rubit accounted for 32.3% of the team's points.
- Javier Carter accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 12 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Augustine Rubit's career.
- Augustine Rubit has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Freddie Goldstein has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Dre Conner set a career high with 9 assists.
- Mychal Ammons has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Javier Carter recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javier Carter set career highs with 10 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.