Western Kentucky smoked Louisiana 72-49 in conference action in a game where the Ragin Cajuns mustered only 29% from the floor. Brandon Harris played brilliantly for the Hilltoppers and put up a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds. T.J. Price also had a good game, scoring 13 points and adding five rebounds. Shawn Long recorded a double-double for the Ragin Cajuns on 11 points and 14 rebounds. Western Kentucky (11-8, 5-3 Sun Belt) hosts Arkansas-Little Rock (11-9, 5-4 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 19th.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:26 left to go.
- The last time WKU started the season 11-8 was 2009.
- WKU beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Hilltoppers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, WKU has been on the winning end of 24 blowout games.
- The Hilltoppers have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 72 or more total points.
- WKU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 9 or fewer free throws made.
- WKU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Western Kentucky has won 80% of the time (8-2) when T.J. Price has 13 points or more.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--WKU has a 13.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Harris and Teeng Akol) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Teeng Akol and Percy Blade) accounted for 40.8% of the rebounds.
- Brandon Harris has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- T.J. Price has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Teeng Akol recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Teeng Akol recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Teeng Akol had a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Percy Blade recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
Louisiana Game Notes
- Louisiana lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, ULL has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Elfrid Payton and Shawn Long) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- Shawn Long accounted for 45.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Elfrid Payton has led the team in scoring 7 times in 20 games this season.
- Shawn Long has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- Shawn Long recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Shawn Long has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long recorded a double-double. It was the 11th of his career.
- Elfrid Payton has 7 straight double-digit point games.