On a night when the Owls scored 39 points from behind the arc, Troy lost in a blowout to Florida Atlantic 80-59 in conference play. Troy was only down 32-28 at the break, but Florida Atlantic broke it open in the second half and won by a big margin. The Trojans remain winless against Florida Atlantic this season at 0-2. Josh Warren put up a season-high seven points plus eight rebounds in a losing effort. Antoine Myers had 15 points and added two rebounds. Greg Gantt got his 10th straight game with 22 points or more for the Owls, scoring a game-high 23 points (4 Reb 3 Stl) in 35 minutes. For the Owls, Greg Gantt got a game-high 23 points and four rebounds. Troy (7-11, 2-5 Sun Belt) heads to Florida International (9-8, 4-4 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 19th.
Troy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:35 left to go.
- Troy started 7-11 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Troy has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 2 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Troy has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- Troy set season lows for blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- Troy has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Antoine Myers and Emil Jones) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Warren and Emil Jones) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (16).
- Antoine Myers has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Emil Jones has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Greg Gantt and Stefan Moody) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring 17 times in 19 games this season.
- Jordan McCoy has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 37th 20-point game of Greg Gantt's career.
- Greg Gantt has 10 straight 20+ point games.
- Stefan Moody has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Pablo Bertone set career highs with 4 three-pointers and a 100% three-point percentage.