North Texas 64
(7-12, 1-7 away)
FL Internationial 70
(9-8, 5-2 home)
Venue: U.S. Century Bank Arena
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, January 17, 2013
||T Mitchell 13
||T Mitchell 8
||C Jones 5
||T Murphy 15
||J Frink 7
||D Hill 2
On Thursday, January 17th, Florida International took on North Texas and knocked off the Mean Green 70-64 in Sun Belt play. Cameron Bell led the Golden Panthers and put up 12 points plus six rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Jerome Frink had six points and added 10 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk 3 Stl). For the Mean Green, Roger Franklin finished with a career-high 29 points and eight rebounds. Florida International (9-8, 4-4 Sun Belt) takes on Troy (7-11, 2-5 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Florida International Game Notes
- FIU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Golden Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- FIU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Florida International has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Tymell Murphy has 22 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Deric Hill has 4 assists or more.
- The Golden Panthers set a season high for steals.
- Our 15 steals is the 2nd best among all NCAA games this season.
- Florida International has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--FIU has a 4.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Jerome Frink accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Jerome Frink has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Malik Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Frink recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Tymell Murphy's career.
- Tymell Murphy has 8 straight double-digit point games.
North Texas Game Notes
- North Texas lost and did not cover the spread.
- Roger Franklin recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Roger Franklin accounted for 45.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Hardwick and Roger Franklin) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Alzee Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Roger Franklin's career.
- Roger Franklin set career highs with 29 points and 11 field goals made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Williams.
|B-||M. Porcher Jimenez||11||5||2||0||0||0||0|