Middle Tennessee State outshot Arkansas-Little Rock 56%-35% and easily got past the Trojans 82-50 in conference action on Thursday, January 17th. Middle Tennessee State jumped out to a huge 36-17 lead at halftime and never let up. The Blue Raiders got the win with 10 points and six rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl) from Trantell Knight. JT Sulton had nine points and added three rebounds. Kemy Osse finished with 11 points and two rebounds for the Trojans. Middle Tennessee State (15-4, 7-1 Sun Belt) gets Louisiana (7-13, 3-6 Sun Belt) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:00 left to go.
- The last time MTSU started the season 15-4 was 1997.
- The win over Arkansas-Little Rock extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 4 games.
- MTSU beat the spread by 17.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Blue Raiders have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, MTSU has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
- The Blue Raiders have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 17 or fewer turnovers.
- MTSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- MTSU has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 27.3% three-point percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Marcos Knight has 11 points or more and 80% of the time (8-2) when Shawn Jones has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Blue Raiders set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time MTSU had a three-point percentage of 64.3% or higher was Nov 15, 2011 against UCLA.
- The Blue Raiders have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--MTSU has a 22.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (39).
- Marcos Knight has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- Arkansas-Little Rock lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UALR has been on the losing end of 15 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Josh Hagins and Kemy Osse) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Will Neighbour has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Josh Hagins has 4 straight double-digit point games.