New Mexico State topped Utah State 64-51 in WAC play on Thursday, January 17th. New Mexico State were led by Renaldo Dixon, who got six points plus five rebounds. Bandja Sy had a game-high 16 points and added seven rebounds. For Utah State, Kyisean Reed got six points and three assists. New Mexico State (11-8, 5-2 WAC) takes on San Jose State (9-8, 3-3 WAC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:31 left to go.
- The last time NMSU started the season 11-8 was 2001.
- The win over Utah State extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 5 games.
- NMSU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- NMSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.3% field goal percentage.
- NMSU has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Bandja Sy has 16 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Sim Bhullar has 7 rebounds or more.
- The Aggies have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- New Mexico State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--NMSU has a 16.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Bandja Sy and Tyrone Watson) accounted for 43.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Bandja Sy and Sim Bhullar) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Utah State Game Notes
- Utah State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Preston Medlin and Jarred Shaw) accounted for 49.0% of the points.
- Preston Medlin has led the team in scoring 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Preston Medlin has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarred Shaw has 3 straight double-digit point games.