South Dakota State 59
(14-6, 5-6 away)
Western Illinois 53
(14-4, 9-1 home)
Venue: Western Hall
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 21
||J Dykstra 6
||N Wolters 5
||T Parks 13
||T Parks 9
||C Clark III 4
On Thursday, January 17th, South Dakota State got a win on the road against Western Illinois 59-53 in Summit League action. Nate Wolters put on a show for the Jackrabbits and got a game-high 22 points plus six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Joshua White had 10 points and added nine rebounds. Terell Parks recorded a double-double for the Leathernecks on 14 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when South Dakota State (14-6, 5-2 Summit League) goes to IUPUI (5-15, 1-6 Summit League).
South Dakota State Game Notes
- The win over Western Illinois extended the South Dakota State winning streak to 3 games.
- SDSU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- South Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.2% or better.
- SDSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season South Dakota State has won 82% of the time (9-2) when Tony Fiegen has 10 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when Jordan Dykstra has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (10-0) when Nate Wolters has 6 assists or more.
- Nate Wolters accounted for 37.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joshua White and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 10 straight double-digit point games.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- Western Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jack Houpt recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- Jack Houpt accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 18 games this season.
- Terell Parks recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 16th of his career.
|B||Ceola Clark III||37||4||3||6||2||0||0|
|D||Don McAvoy III||15||0||1||0||0||0||0|