San Jose State 37
(9-8, 4-5 away)
(10-7, 7-2 home)
Venue: Magness Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
|San Jose State
|San Jose State
||J Kinney 20
||C Cunningham 8
||D Brown 4
||R O`Neale 12
||R O`Neale 5
||C Udofia 3
Denver held San Jose State to only 28% from the floor and easily beat the Spartans 73-37 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. It was all Denver from the beginning and they led 34-18 at the half. Royce O`Neale had a big game for the Pioneers and put up seven points and 10 rebounds. Chris Udofia also had a strong outing, scoring a game-high 15 points and adding two rebounds. David Andoh got a season-high six points and four rebounds for the Spartans. Denver (10-7, 6-1 WAC) takes on Utah State (14-2, 5-1 WAC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Denver Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:18 left to go.
- Denver started 10-7 during the 2005 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over San Jose State extended the Denver winning streak to 6 games.
- Denver beat the spread by 21.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Pioneers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Denver has been on the winning end of 13 blowout games.
- Denver has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 42.1% or better.
- The Pioneers have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 31 or more rebounds.
- Denver has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 20.0% three-point percentage.
- Denver has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- This season Denver has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Brett Olson has 3 three-pointers or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Royce O`Neale has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Pioneers set a season high for blocks.
- Our 8 blocks is the 16th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Denver recorded at least 8 blocks was Feb 16, 2012 against Louisiana.
- Denver set a season low for turnovers.
- The Pioneers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Denver has a 17.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Udofia and Brett Olson) accounted for 41.0% of the points.
- Royce O`Neale accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Udofia has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Royce O`Neale recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Udofia has 5 straight double-digit point games.
San Jose State Game Notes
- San Jose State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SJSU has been on the losing end of 20 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Cunningham and LaVanne Pennington) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.