On Thursday, January 17th, Western Illinois took a home loss to South Dakota State 59-53 in conference play. Terell Parks earned a double-double in a losing effort including 14 points and 10 rebounds. Jack Houpt also had a strong outing, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding five rebounds. Nate Wolters finished with a game-high 22 points and six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl) for the Jackrabbits. Western Illinois (14-4, 6-1 Summit League) gets North Dakota State (16-3, 7-0 Summit League) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- Western Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 4 or fewer free throws made.
- The Leathernecks have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 42.3% or worse.
- WIU set season lows for blocks and turnovers.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--WIU has a 15.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jack Houpt recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 9.
- Jack Houpt accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 18 games this season.
- Terell Parks recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 16th of his career.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- Nate Wolters accounted for 37.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joshua White and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 13 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 10 straight double-digit point games.