North Dakota State 78
(16-3, 7-3 away)
(6-15, 5-5 home)
Venue: Bankers Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
|North Dakota State
|North Dakota State
||T Braun 15
||T Wright 5
||L Alexander 3
||J Hart 14
||D Gibbs 6
||G Rice 3
North Dakota State outshot IUPUI 57%-31% and smoked the Jaguars 78-40 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. The game lacked drama, as North Dakota State led 38-18 at the half and never allowed IUPUI back in it. TrayVonn Wright played brilliantly for the Bison and put up a team-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Marshall Bjorklund had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Jaguars, Mitchell Patton finished with a game-high 17 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when North Dakota State (16-3, 7-0 Summit League) goes to Western Illinois (14-4, 6-1 Summit League).
North Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:56 left to go.
- The win over IUPUI extended the North Dakota State winning streak to 8 games.
- NDSU beat the spread by 25.0 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bison have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NDSU has been on the winning end of 40 blowout games.
- The Bison have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- North Dakota State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 57.4% or better.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.1% field goal percentage.
- NDSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season North Dakota State has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Lawrence Alexander has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when TrayVonn Wright has 6 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Kory Brown has 4 assists or more.
- The Bison set a season high for assists.
- Our 22 assists is the 14th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time NDSU recorded at least 22 assists was Dec 28, 2011 against Oakland.
- NDSU set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- The Bison have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 9 games.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Lawrence Alexander has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- TrayVonn Wright has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- TrayVonn Wright had a career high with 4 three-pointers.
IUPUI Game Notes
- IUPUI lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, IUPUI has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Jaguars losing streak to 5 games.
- Mitchell Patton accounted for 42.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Donovan Gibbs and Mitchell Patton) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (29) than the starters (11).
- Mitchell Patton has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.