South Dakota 60
(7-12, 2-8 away)
Venue: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||J Myles 15
||T Gruis 5
||J Myles 2
||F Gaines 18
||M Hines 5
||I McCray 2
South Dakota faced off with IPFW on Thursday, January 17th and let one slip to the Mastodons 62-60 in conference play. The Coyotes got a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk) from Trevor Gruis. Steve Tecker had eight points and added four rebounds. Luis Jacobo got 13 points and four rebounds for the Mastodons. South Dakota (7-12, 3-4 Summit League) gets Oakland (8-12, 3-3 Summit League) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
South Dakota Game Notes
- The last time USD started the season 7-12 was 2011.
- USD beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Coyotes have beaten the spread.
- The Coyotes have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Dakota has lost 17 close games.
- South Dakota has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Coyotes have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5% or worse.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Coyotes opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Gruis and Brandon Bos) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Gruis and Tyler Flack) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Trevor Gruis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Bos has 6 straight double-digit point games.
IPFW Game Notes
- IPFW won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Mastodons won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW has lost 17 close games.
- The top two scorers (Frank Gaines and Luis Jacobo) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring 11 times in 20 games this season.
- Mario Hines has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Joseph Edwards set a career high with 6 field goals made.