On Thursday, January 17th, IPFW took on South Dakota and just barely slipped by the Coyotes 62-60 in conference play. Luis Jacobo led the Mastodons and put up 13 points and four rebounds. Michael Kibiloski had seven points and added five rebounds. Trevor Gruis finished with a game-high 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk) for the Coyotes. Next up for IPFW (9-11, 2-4 Summit League) is Missouri-Kansas City (5-14, 2-5 Summit League) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
IPFW Game Notes
- The Mastodons have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, IPFW has won 31 close games.
- The Mastodons have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 24 or more field goals made.
- IPFW has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when its field goal percentage has been 42.9% or better.
- IPFW has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season IPFW has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Luis Jacobo has 13 points or more.
- IPFW set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Mastodons came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--IPFW has a 21.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Frank Gaines and Luis Jacobo) accounted for 43.5% of the points.
- Frank Gaines has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Mario Hines has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Frank Gaines has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Joseph Edwards had a career high with 6 field goals made.
South Dakota Game Notes
- The Coyotes have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Dakota has lost 17 close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Gruis and Brandon Bos) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Gruis and Tyler Flack) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Trevor Gruis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Bos has 6 straight double-digit point games.