(8-12, 5-0 home)
Venue: Athletics Center Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||E Tyler 11
||F Chatmon 7
||E Tyler 3
||T Bader 20
||C Petros 8
||D Mondy 5
Missouri-Kansas City was clipped by Oakland 81-68 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. The Kangaroos got a team-high 20 points from Estan Tyler on 55% shooting in minutes. Aaron Washington had six points and added two rebounds. Travis Bader put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Golden Grizzlies, scoring a game-high 30 points in 40 minutes. For the Golden Grizzlies, Travis Bader finished with a game-high 30 points, including 5-of-11 shooting from three-point range. Missouri-Kansas City (5-14, 2-5 Summit League) gets IPFW (9-11, 2-4 Summit League) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:50 left to go.
- UMKC beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Kangaroos have beaten the spread.
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 9 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.3% or better this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 20 or more assists this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- UMKC set a season low for blocks.
- The Kangaroos have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 8 games.
- Missouri-Kansas City has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Estan Tyler and Nelson Kirksey) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Chatmon and Nate Rogers) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Estan Tyler has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Fred Chatmon has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Estan Tyler's career.
Oakland Game Notes
- Oakland won, but did not cover the spread.
- Drew Valentine recorded a team season high in steals with 8.
- Travis Bader accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- Corey Petros accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Travis Bader has led the team in scoring 11 times in 20 games this season.
- Corey Petros has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Travis Bader's career.
- Travis Bader has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Drew Valentine set a career high with 8 steals.
- Corey Petros recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Corey Petros recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 9th of his career.
- Ryan Bass set a career high with 7 assists.
|-||Lloyd Neely II||5||0||0||0||0||0||1|