Western Carolina 60
(7-11, 2-9 away)
(6-12, 3-4 home)
Venue: Pete Hanna Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||T Sumler 17
||T King 5
||T Sumler 3
||R Kelly 14
||T Williams 7
||R Kelly 3
On Thursday, January 17th, Western Carolina was tripped up by Samford 64-60 in conference play. Tawaski King put up a team-high 14 points and six rebounds in the Catamounts loss. Brandon Boggs had 13 points and added seven rebounds. Tim Williams registered a double-double for the Bulldogs with a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. Western Carolina (7-11, 4-2 SoCon) takes on Chattanooga (8-10, 3-2 SoCon) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- The last time WCU started the season 7-11 was 2006.
- The Catamounts have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Carolina has lost 27 close games.
- Western Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 4 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Western Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Western Carolina has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Western Carolina has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- WCU set a season low for steals.
- Western Carolina has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Tawaski King and Trey Sumler) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Boggs and Tawaski King) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Tawaski King has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Trey Sumler has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Tawaski King had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Tim Williams and Raijon Kelly) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Williams and Clide Geffrard Jr.) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Tim Williams has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Raijon Kelly has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Connor Miller set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Tim Williams recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tim Williams recorded a double-double. It was the 4th of his career.
|B||C. Geffrard Jr.||32||7||7||2||1||0||2|