(4-12, 0-8 away)
Venue: Alumni Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||C Reddick 12
||C Reddick 5
||S Croone 4
||L Troutman 15
||R Beaumont 6
||A Hamilton 3
On Thursday, January 17th, Elon turned the ball over just nine times and came out on top against Furman 73-59 in conference action. This one was all Elon from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 42-27 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. Josh Bonney got a season-high 15 points on 70% shooting in his first substantial outing for the Phoenix this season. The Phoenix were led by Josh Bonney, who put up a season-high 15 points plus three rebounds. Lucas Troutman also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 18 points and adding three assists. For the Paladins, Bobby Austin got a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. Elon (10-7, 3-2 SoCon) takes on Wofford (7-11, 1-4 SoCon) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Elon Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:32 left to go.
- Elon beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Phoenix have beaten the spread.
- The Phoenix have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 14 or more free throws made.
- Elon has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- Elon has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Elon has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 42.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Elon has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Lucas Troutman has 18 points or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Ryley Beaumont has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Phoenix have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Elon has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Elon has a 14.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Lucas Troutman and Josh Bonney) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryley Beaumont and Ryan Winters) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Lucas Troutman has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Lucas Troutman has 16 straight double-digit point games.
Furman Game Notes
- Furman lost and did not cover the spread.
- Bobby Austin accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- Charlie Reddick accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (11).
- Charlie Reddick has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Bobby Austin set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.