(3-13, 0-7 away)
(10-7, 7-2 home)
Venue: Belk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||M Groselle 13
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
||D Brooks 13
||D Brooks 6
||N Cochran 3
On Thursday, January 17th, Citadel took on Davidson and was thumped by the Wildcats 70-38 in conference play. By halftime, Citadel was already out of it, with the score 38-19. The team struggled in the second half as well and Davidson maintained the big win. Mike Groselle got seven points and nine rebounds in the loss. P.J. Horgan had five points and added four rebounds. For the Wildcats, Jordan Barham got nine points and three rebounds. Next up for Citadel (3-13, 0-6 SoCon) is Georgia Southern (8-10, 2-3 SoCon) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Citadel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:20 left to go.
- Citadel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 3 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 27.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 13 or more steals this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-11).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Citadel has lost 92% of the time (1-12).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Citadel recorded at least 26 turnovers was Feb 14, 2005 against Georgia Southern.
- Citadel set season lows for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, and total points.
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- Citadel has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and Marshall Harris III) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Matt Van Scyoc has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 16 games this season.
Davidson Game Notes
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Chris Czerapowicz has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Tyler Kalinoski set a career high with 4 steals.
- J.P. Kuhlman set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jake Cohen has 8 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||Matt Van Scyoc||31||8||2||2||1||0||7|
|D+||M. Harris III||25||4||4||1||1||0||4|
|-||Mason Archie II||4||1||0||0||0||0||1|