(3-13, 0-7 away)
(10-7, 7-2 home)
Venue: Belk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||M Groselle 13
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
||D Brooks 13
||D Brooks 6
||N Cochran 3
On Thursday, January 17th, Davidson took on Citadel and won big against the Bulldogs 70-38 in SoCon action. It was all Davidson from the beginning and they led 38-19 at the half. Jordan Barham paced the Wildcats and put up nine points and three rebounds. Chris Czerapowicz also contributed, scoring eight points and adding six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle got seven points and nine rebounds. Davidson (10-7, 5-1 SoCon) welcomes College of Charleston (12-6, 4-2 SoCon) on Saturday, January 19th.
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:20 left to go.
- Davidson started 10-7 during the 2004, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Davidson beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Davidson has been on the winning end of 45 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after recording 24 or more field goals made.
- Davidson has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Davidson has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Jake Cohen has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Chris Czerapowicz has 6 rebounds or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Nik Cochran has 4 assists or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for steals.
- The last time Davidson recorded at least 13 steals was Nov 25, 2009 against Fredonia State.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th game at home this season--Davidson has a 18.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- Chris Czerapowicz has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Tyler Kalinoski had a career high with 4 steals.
- J.P. Kuhlman had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jake Cohen has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Citadel Game Notes
- Citadel lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Citadel has been on the losing end of 29 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 12 games.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Groselle and Marshall Harris III) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Matt Van Scyoc has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
|C-||Matt Van Scyoc||31||8||2||2||1||0||7|
|D+||M. Harris III||25||4||4||1||1||0||4|
|-||Mason Archie II||4||1||0||0||0||0||1|