In a game where they outrebounded the Redhawks 45-23, Morehead State punished Southeast Missouri State 75-59 in OVC action. Bruce Reed played well for the Eagles and put up 10 points and four rebounds. Jarrett Stokes had eight points and added three rebounds. For the Redhawks, Nino Johnson finished with a team-high 13 points and five rebounds. Next up for Morehead State (9-10, 3-2 OVC) is Tennessee-Martin (4-14, 1-5 OVC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:47 left to go.
- Morehead State started 9-10 during the 2011, 2008, 2007, 2004, 2003, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- MSU beat the spread by 18.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- This season Morehead State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Devon Atkinson has 6 assists or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time MSU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Mar 01, 2012 against Jacksonville State.
- MSU set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Angelo Warner) accounted for 42.2% of the rebounds.
- Drew Kelly has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Drew Kelly has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Chad Posthumus recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bakari Turner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- Southeast Missouri State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Redhawks losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Nino Johnson and Lucas Nutt) accounted for 42.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nino Johnson and Corey Wilford) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Nino Johnson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Nino Johnson set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Corey Wilford.