Eastern Illinois 49
(3-16, 0-9 away)
Murray State 70
(13-4, 6-3 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||J Piper 10
||S Blanford 5
||A Akers 4
||I Canaan 21
||E Daniel 10
||I Canaan 4
Eastern Illinois lost big against Murray State 70-49 in conference play on an evening when the Racers scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line. The game got away from Eastern Illinois in the second half after they trailed by just three points heading into the locker room. The Panthers got 11 points and four rebounds from Sherman Blanford. Josh Piper had 11 points and added four rebounds. Ed Daniel got 10 points and nine rebounds for the Racers. Eastern Illinois (3-16, 0-6 OVC) gets Austin Peay (5-14, 1-4 OVC) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:16 left to go.
- The last time EIU started the season 3-16 was 2003.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- The Panthers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 41.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.2% or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- EIU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Panthers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Josh Piper and Sherman Blanford) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- Josh Piper has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Sherman Blanford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Murray State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Canaan and Dexter Fields) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ed Daniel and Brandon Garrett) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring 14 times in 17 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 17 games this season.
- Isaiah Canaan has 17 straight double-digit point games.