Eastern Kentucky 76
(14-4, 4-4 away)
(14-4, 7-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||G Cosey 15
||T Johnson 4
||M DiNunno 4
||I Clark 18
||T Noack 5
||K Johnson 4
Belmont beat Eastern Kentucky 83-76 in conference action on Thursday, January 17th. Ian Clark picked up his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Bruins, scoring a team-high 22 points (7 Reb 3 Stl) on 70% shooting in 37 minutes. The Bruins got a team-high 22 points (7 Reb 3 Stl) from Ian Clark, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Blake Jenkins also had a good outing, scoring 21 points and adding five rebounds. For the Colonels, Mike DiNunno got a season-high 24 points and two rebounds. Belmont (14-4, 5-0 OVC) hosts Tennessee State (12-7, 6-0 OVC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Belmont Game Notes
- The win over Eastern Kentucky extended the Belmont winning streak to 5 games.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 83 or more total points.
- Belmont has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0% or better.
- Belmont has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Belmont has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Kerron Johnson has 15 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Trevor Noack has 4 free throws made or more, and 83% of the time (5-1) when Ian Clark has 5 three-pointers or more.
- Belmont set a season low for blocks.
- The Bruins have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Belmont has a 27.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ian Clark and Blake Jenkins) accounted for 51.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Noack and Ian Clark) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 18 games this season.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Ian Clark had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- Trevor Noack recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Blake Jenkins's career.
- Blake Jenkins had a career high with 8 field goals made.
Eastern Kentucky Game Notes
- Mike DiNunno recorded a team season high in points with 24.
- Mike DiNunno accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (9) than the starters (8).
- Mike DiNunno has led the team in scoring 10 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Mike DiNunno's career.
- Mike DiNunno has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Corey Walden.
- Orlando Williams set a career high with 6 assists.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Tarius Johnson.