Sacred Heart 62
(5-11, 2-8 away)
Robert Morris 66
(11-7, 5-2 home)
Venue: Charles L. Sewall Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||S Gibson 18
||L Montes 6
||P Gaetano 7
||V Jones 11
||R Johnson 6
||V Jones 5
On Thursday, January 17th, Robert Morris topped Sacred Heart 66-62 in conference action. Mike McFadden led the Colonials and put up 15 points and six rebounds. Lucky Jones had a team-high 15 points and added two rebounds. For the Pioneers, Shane Gibson got a game-high 27 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Robert Morris (11-7, 3-2 NEC) is Quinnipiac (6-11, 2-3 NEC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- Robert Morris started 11-7 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Sacred Heart extended the Robert Morris winning streak to 3 games.
- The Colonials have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Robert Morris has won 38 close games.
- Robert Morris has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- RMU has won 85% of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- RMU has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% three-point percentage.
- This season Robert Morris has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Coron Williams has 10 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Mike McFadden has 6 field goals made or more.
- RMU set a season low for three-pointers.
- The Colonials have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--RMU has a 5.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Lucky Jones and Mike McFadden) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike McFadden and Stephan Hawkins) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Mike McFadden has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Coron Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Coron Williams had a career high with 4 steals.
- Mike McFadden has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- The Pioneers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacred Heart has lost 30 close games.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 43.5% of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Louis Montes has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Phil Gaetano set a career high with 10 assists.
|D-||M. Abdel Latif||12||0||2||0||0||0||3|