Sacred Heart faced off with Robert Morris on Thursday, January 17th and was edged by the Colonials 66-62 in conference play. Shane Gibson put up a game-high 27 points plus six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) in the loss. Louis Montes had six points and added six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Colonials, Mike McFadden got 15 points and six rebounds. Sacred Heart (5-11, 3-2 NEC) heads to St. Francis (PA) (1-15, 1-4 NEC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- The last time SHU started the season 5-11 was 2001.
- The Pioneers have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Sacred Heart has lost 30 close games.
- Sacred Heart has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- Sacred Heart has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 21 or more turnovers.
- The Pioneers have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a three-point percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- When the opposition records 3 or more blocks this season, Sacred Heart has lost 75% of the time (3-9).
- Shane Gibson accounted for 43.5% of the team's points.
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Louis Montes has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Phil Gaetano had a career high with 10 assists.
Robert Morris Game Notes
- The Colonials won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Robert Morris has lost 20 close games.
- The top two scorers (Lucky Jones and Mike McFadden) accounted for 45.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike McFadden and Stephan Hawkins) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Lucky Jones has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Mike McFadden has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Coron Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Coron Williams set a career high with 4 steals.
- Mike McFadden has 3 straight double-digit point games.