(7-11, 4-8 away)
St. Francis (NY) 67
(7-9, 2-3 home)
Venue: Pope Physical Education Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
||A Nicholas 14
||E Waite 5
||J Steele 3
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Cannon 16
||J Cannon 9
||B Jones 3
St. Francis (NY) faced off with Monmouth on Thursday, January 17th and was beaten at home by the Hawks 71-67 in conference play. The Terriers got 14 points and six rebounds from Akeem Johnson. Jalen Cannon had 13 points and added eight rebounds. For the Hawks, Ed Waite finished with six points and seven rebounds. St. Francis (NY) (7-9, 3-2 NEC) gets Fairleigh Dickinson (7-11, 2-3 NEC) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- St. Francis (NY) started 7-9 during the 2011 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- The Terriers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, St. Francis (NY) has lost 34 close games.
- The Terriers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.3% or worse.
- St. Francis (NY) has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Terriers have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Terriers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Ben Mockford and Akeem Johnson) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jalen Cannon and Akeem Johnson) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 16 games this season.
Monmouth Game Notes
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Monmouth has lost 29 close games.
- Jesse Steele recorded a team season high in free throws made with 7.
- The top two scorers (Jesse Steele and Stephen Spinella) accounted for 40.8% of the points.
- Jesse Steele has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jesse Steele's career.
- Jesse Steele has 3 straight double-digit point games.