Long Island 79
(7-10, 2-7 away)
Fairleigh Dickinson 75
(7-11, 4-4 home)
Venue: Rothman Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||J Olasewere 30
||J Olasewere 16
||J Brickman 5
||M Bolding 22
||X Harris 8
||S Sanders Jr. 4
Long Island squared off with Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday, Jan. 17 and got a victory on the road against the Knights 79-75 in overtime. Jamal Olasewere got a season-high 30 points and 16 rebounds for the Blackbirds, earning a double-double. C.J. Garner also had an excellent game, scoring a season-high 23 points and adding four rebounds. Melquan Bolding finished with a team-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Knights. Next up for Long Island (7-10, 2-3 NEC) is Monmouth (7-11, 2-3 NEC) on Saturday, Jan. 19 at home.
Long Island Game Notes
- Long Island started 7-10 during the 2009, 2006, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Long Island has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Blackbirds have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- The Blackbirds have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Long Island is 25-20 in close games.
- Long Island has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.1 percent or better.
- LIU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 75 or fewer total points.
- The Blackbirds set season highs for blocks (seven) and turnovers (19).
- The last time LIU recorded at least seven blocks was Jan 29, 2011 against Monmouth.
- The Blackbirds have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a team season high in points with 30, rebounds with 16, defensive rebounds with 10, and blocks with four.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 37.9 percent of the team's points.
- Jamal Olasewere accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 24th of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere had career highs with three three-pointers, 16 rebounds, six offensive rebounds, and four blocks.
- This marks the third 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner had a career high with five steals.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Brandon Thompson.
Fairleigh Dickinson Game Notes
- The Knights have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fairleigh Dickinson is 21-20 in close games.
- Melquan Bolding recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Melquan Bolding and Lonnie Robinson) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Xavier Harris and Melquan Bolding) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Melquan Bolding has led the team in scoring five times in 18 games this season.
- Lonnie Robinson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Sidney Sanders Jr..
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Melquan Bolding's career.
- Melquan Bolding has four straight double-digit point games.
- Kinu Rochford has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Kinu Rochford.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Mathias Seilund.
|C||S. Sanders Jr.||42||2||2||4||3||1||2|