Santa Clara 85
(13-6, 4-2 away)
San Francisco 54
(7-11, 5-6 home)
Venue: War Memorial Gymnasium
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||K Foster 19
||M Trasolini 8
||E Roguemore 6
||C Dickerson 14
||C Dickerson 10
||C Doolin 5
On a night when they scored 42 points from three-point territory, Santa Clara easily got past San Francisco 85-54 in West Coast play. The Broncos go to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Kevin Foster got a game-high 27 points and 10 rebounds for the Broncos, earning a double-double. He also was 6 for 10 from three-point range. Raymond Cowels III was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 11 on the way to a season-high 17 points. For the Dons, Mark Tollefsen got eight points and five rebounds. Santa Clara (13-6, 2-3 West Coast) gets Pepperdine (9-8, 1-3 West Coast) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:43 left to go.
- The last time SCU started the season 13-6 was 2006.
- SCU beat the spread by 30.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SCU has been on the winning end of 24 blowout games.
- The Broncos have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Santa Clara has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8% or better.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- SCU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Santa Clara has won 71% of the time (12-5) when Evan Roguemore has 5 assists or more.
- The Broncos set a season high for three-pointers.
- SCU set a season low for free throws made.
- The Broncos have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Santa Clara has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Kevin Foster recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Kevin Foster accounted for 31.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Marc Trasolini and Kevin Foster) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Kevin Foster has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 48th 20-point game of Kevin Foster's career.
- Kevin Foster has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Foster recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Kevin Foster had career highs with 10 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- Raymond Cowels III has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Robert Garrett.
San Francisco Game Notes
- San Francisco lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, USF has been on the losing end of 22 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Dons losing streak to 5 games.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (20).
|A||R. Cowels III||31||17||4||1||2||0||1|