Siena was easily defeated by Niagara 87-64 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. O.D Anosike got a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Saints, earning a double-double. Evan Hymes also had a decent showing, scoring nine points and adding eight assists. For the Purple Eagles, Juan`ya Green got 21 points and eight assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Siena (4-14, 2-5 MAAC) takes on Canisius (11-7, 4-3 MAAC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Siena Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:04 left to go.
- Siena has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Siena has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Siena has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 9 or more steals this season, Siena has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- The Saints set season highs for assists and turnovers.
- The last time Siena recorded at least 14 assists was Mar 04, 2012 against Loyola (MD).
- Siena has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Evan Hymes recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (O.D Anosike and Imoh Silas) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- O.D Anosike accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 18 times in 18 games this season.
- Rakeem Brookins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- O.D Anosike recorded the 48th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- O.D Anosike recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 40th of his career.
Niagara Game Notes
- Devon White recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Antoine Mason and Juan`ya Green) accounted for 50.5% of the points.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring 11 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.