On Thursday, January 17th, Niagara easily knocked off Siena 87-64 in MAAC action. The Purple Eagles were led by Juan`ya Green, who put up 21 points plus eight assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Antoine Mason had a game-high 23 points and added four rebounds. O.D Anosike recorded a double-double for the Saints on a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. Niagara (10-8, 6-1 MAAC) takes on Manhattan (5-12, 3-4 MAAC) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Niagara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:04 left to go.
- The last time NU started the season 10-8 was 2009.
- The win over Siena extended the Niagara winning streak to 3 games.
- NU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Purple Eagles have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, NU has been on the winning end of 11 blowout games.
- NU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 64 or fewer total points.
- This season Niagara has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Juan`ya Green has 21 points or more.
- The Purple Eagles set season highs for assists, field goal percentage, and three-point percentage.
- The last time NU had a field goal percentage of 54.2% or higher was Nov 20, 2009 against Howard.
- The Purple Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Niagara has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--NU has a 9.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Devon White recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Antoine Mason and Juan`ya Green) accounted for 50.5% of the points.
- Antoine Mason has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Antoine Mason's career.
- Antoine Mason has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
Siena Game Notes
- Siena lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Siena has been on the losing end of 8 blowout games.
- Evan Hymes recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (O.D Anosike and Imoh Silas) accounted for 40.6% of the points.
- O.D Anosike accounted for 35.7% of the team's rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 18 times in 18 games this season.
- Rakeem Brookins has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- O.D Anosike recorded the 48th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- O.D Anosike recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 40th of his career.