(5-12, 2-9 away)
(11-7, 7-1 home)
Venue: Koessler Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||G Beamon 13
||R Brown 7
||R Stores 2
||B Baron 16
||C Manhertz 8
||B Baron 5
On Thursday, January 17th, Manhattan was taken down by Canisius 64-60 in conference play. Shane Richards paced the Jaspers and put up a team-high 18 points, shooting 6 of 9 from three-point range. Rhamel Brown got 10 points and added seven rebounds. For the Golden Griffins, Isaac Sosa finished with a season-high 25 points, including 5-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Manhattan (5-12, 3-4 MAAC) travels to Niagara (10-8, 6-1 MAAC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Manhattan Game Notes
- Manhattan beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan has lost 31 close games.
- Manhattan has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9% or better this season, Manhattan has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Manhattan has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0% or better this season, Manhattan has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- The Jaspers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Shane Richards and Michael Alvarado) accounted for 60.0% of the points.
- Shane Richards has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Shane Richards has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rhamel Brown has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Rhamel Brown.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Emmy Andujar.
Canisius Game Notes
- Canisius won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Golden Griffins won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Canisius has lost 23 close games.
- Isaac Sosa accounted for 39.0% of the team's points.
- Jordan Heath accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaac Sosa has led the team in scoring 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Billy Baron has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Isaac Sosa's career.
- Harold Washington has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Freddy Asprilla.