(5-12, 2-9 away)
(11-7, 7-1 home)
Venue: Koessler Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||G Beamon 13
||R Brown 7
||R Stores 2
||B Baron 16
||C Manhertz 8
||B Baron 5
On Thursday, January 17th, Canisius took on Manhattan and defeated the Jaspers 64-60 in conference play. Isaac Sosa played brilliantly for the Golden Griffins and put up a season-high 25 points, shooting 5 of 10 from three-point range. Jordan Heath also had a decent showing, scoring nine points and adding eight rebounds. For the Jaspers, Shane Richards finished with a team-high 18 points, including 6-of-9 shooting from three-point range. Canisius (11-7, 4-3 MAAC) takes on Siena (4-14, 2-5 MAAC) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Canisius Game Notes
- The last time Canisius started the season 11-7 was 2000.
- The Golden Griffins have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Canisius has won 20 close games.
- The Golden Griffins have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 14 or more assists.
- Canisius has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.5% three-point percentage.
- Canisius has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- Canisius set a season low for rebounds.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Canisius has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Isaac Sosa accounted for 39.0% of the team's points.
- Jordan Heath accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Isaac Sosa has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Jordan Heath has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Billy Baron has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Isaac Sosa's career.
- Harold Washington has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Freddy Asprilla.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The Jaspers have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan has lost 31 close games.
- The top two scorers (Shane Richards and Michael Alvarado) accounted for 60.0% of the points.
- Shane Richards has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Shane Richards has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Rhamel Brown has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Rhamel Brown.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Emmy Andujar.