Cleveland State was edged by Milwaukee 69-57 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. The Vikings got seven points and 14 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast) from Marlin Mason. Charlie Lee had 15 points and added five rebounds. Austin Arians finished with a season-high 19 points for the Panthers, making 5 of 9 from three-point range. Cleveland State (10-9, 2-3 Horizon) travels to Green Bay (9-9, 3-2 Horizon) on Saturday, January 19th.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- Cleveland State started 10-9 during the 2000 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Cleveland State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Vikings have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 33.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 42 or more rebounds this season, Cleveland State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Cleveland State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Vikings set a season high for blocks.
- The last time CSU recorded at least 7 blocks was Feb 09, 2012 against Valparaiso.
- CSU set a season low for free throws made.
- The Vikings have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Cleveland State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Marlin Mason recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two scorers (Bryn Forbes and Charlie Lee) accounted for 54.3% of the points.
- Marlin Mason accounted for 32.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Marlin Mason has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Bryn Forbes has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Marlin Mason recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marlin Mason had career highs with 14 rebounds, 7 offensive rebounds, and 4 blocks.
Milwaukee Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Austin Arians and Paris Gulley) accounted for 52.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Austin Arians and Paris Gulley) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Paris Gulley has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Paris Gulley set career highs with 8 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Jordan Aaron's career.