Long Beach State 91
(9-8, 4-6 away)
UC Riverside 82
(4-13, 3-4 home)
Venue: UC Riverside Student Recreation Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
|Long Beach State
|Long Beach State
||J Ennis 16
||J Ennis 6
||M Caffey 4
||C Patton 11
||J Fox 6
||R Smith 2
Long Beach State squared off with UC Riverside on Thursday, January 17th and got a road victory against the Highlanders 91-82 in overtime. James Ennis played brilliantly for the 49ers and put up 17 points plus seven rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). Keala King also had a good game, scoring a season-high 18 points and adding six rebounds. For the Highlanders, Chris Patton finished with a season-high 21 points and seven rebounds. Long Beach State (9-8, 5-1 Big West) gets Cal State Fullerton (10-7, 3-2 Big West) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:13 left to go.
- Long Beach State started 9-8 during the 2010, 2005, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over UC Riverside extended the Long Beach State winning streak to 4 games.
- LBSU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the 49ers have beaten the spread.
- Long Beach State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the 49ers have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 6-10.
- The 49ers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Long Beach State has won 24 close games.
- LBSU has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 2 or fewer blocks.
- This season Long Beach State has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Michael Caffey has 13 points or more and 71% of the time (5-2) when James Ennis has 4 free throws made or more.
- The 49ers set season highs for assists, field goals made, and total points.
- The last time LBSU recorded at least 91 total points was Feb 10, 2011 against UC Davis.
- The 49ers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Long Beach State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two rebounders (James Ennis and Keala King) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- James Ennis has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- James Ennis has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Caffey has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Dan Jennings.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- UC Riverside lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Highlanders have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Riverside has lost 20 close games.
- This loss extended the Highlanders losing streak to 3 games.
- Austin Quick recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 4 and assists with 7.
- The top two scorers (Chris Patton and Chris Harriel) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Fox and Chris Patton) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Chris Patton has led the team in scoring 8 times in 17 games this season.
- Josh Fox has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Austin Quick set a career high with 7 assists.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Chris Patton's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Chris Patton.