Pacific was clipped by Hawaii 60-52 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. Khalil Kelley put up four points plus 10 rebounds in the Tigers loss. Sama Taku had a team-high 15 points (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Warriors, Vander Joaquim got a game-high 16 points and nine rebounds. Pacific (9-8, 3-2 Big West) gets Cal State Northridge (9-9, 0-6 Big West) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Pacific Game Notes
- Pacific started 9-8 during the 1998 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Pacific has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- Pacific has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Pacific has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Tigers set a season high for steals.
- The last time Pacific recorded at least 14 steals was Nov 17, 2011 against Nevada.
- Pacific set season lows for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- Pacific has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Khalil Kelley recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 5.
- The top two scorers (Sama Taku and Tony Gill) accounted for 51.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Khalil Kelley and Travis Fulton) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Sama Taku has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Khalil Kelley has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Khalil Kelley recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
Hawaii Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Vander Joaquim and Ozren Pavlovic) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Isaac Fotu and Vander Joaquim) accounted for 47.6% of the rebounds.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- Isaac Fotu has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaac Fotu recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.