UC Irvine won big against Cal State Fullerton 92-65 in Big West action on Thursday, January 17th. It was all UC Irvine from the beginning and they led 42-25 at the half. Chris McNealy played brilliantly for the Anteaters and put up a season-high 21 points (6 Ast 5 Reb), shooting 5 of 8 from three-point range. Daman Starring also had a great game, scoring 16 points and adding six assists. For the Titans, Kwame Vaughn got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when UC Irvine (10-9, 4-2 Big West) heads to UC Riverside (4-13, 1-4 Big West).
UC Irvine Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:35 left to go.
- The last time UCI started the season 10-9 was 2004.
- The win over Cal State Fullerton extended the UC Irvine winning streak to 3 games.
- UCI beat the spread by 31.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Anteaters have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UCI has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- UC Irvine has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 56.5% or better.
- The Anteaters have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 8 or more blocks.
- UCI has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 65 or fewer total points.
- This season UC Irvine has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Will Davis II has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Anteaters set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Anteaters have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- UC Irvine has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Daman Starring recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Chris McNealy and Daman Starring) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- Chris McNealy has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Chris McNealy's career.
- Chris McNealy had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Daman Starring has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- Cal State Fullerton lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Kwame Vaughn and Sammy Yeager) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- Kwame Vaughn has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Kwame Vaughn has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Sammy Yeager has 6 straight double-digit point games.