UC Irvine 92
(10-9, 3-8 away)
CS Fullerton 65
(10-7, 6-2 home)
Venue: Titan Gym
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||D Starring 13
||A Folker 6
||A Young 3
||K Vaughn 18
||K Vaughn 4
||D Seeley 4
Cal State Fullerton was punished by UC Irvine 92-65 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. Cal State Fullerton dug a hole early, down 42-25 at the break, and was never able to get back in the game. The Titans got a team-high 15 points and five rebounds from Kwame Vaughn. Sammy Yeager had 12 points and added five rebounds. For the Anteaters, Chris McNealy got a season-high 21 points (6 Ast 5 Reb), including 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range. Cal State Fullerton (10-7, 3-2 Big West) gets Long Beach State (9-8, 5-1 Big West) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:35 left to go.
- Cal State Fullerton started 10-7 during the 2004 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- CSUF set season lows for field goal percentage and total points.
- Cal State Fullerton has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--CSUF has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kwame Vaughn and Sammy Yeager) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- Kwame Vaughn has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Kwame Vaughn has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Sammy Yeager has 6 straight double-digit point games.
UC Irvine Game Notes
- Daman Starring recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- The top two scorers (Chris McNealy and Daman Starring) accounted for 40.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Davis II and Michael Wilder) accounted for 41.4% of the rebounds.
- Chris McNealy has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Will Davis II has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Chris McNealy's career.
- Chris McNealy set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Daman Starring has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Davis II has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Will Davis II||28||11||9||0||0||6||3|