Southern Utah 67
(5-11, 1-7 away)
(11-4, 6-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||J Stevenett 15
||J Stevenett 6
||D Heuir 2
||M Ward 15
||K Jamar 6
||W Cherry 5
Montana came out on top against Southern Utah 73-67 in conference play on Thursday, January 17th. The Grizzlies were led by Spencer Coleman, who put up 12 points plus five rebounds. Mathias Ward had a game-high 20 points and added four rebounds. Damon Heuir got a team-high 19 points for the Thunderbirds, making 5 of 9 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Montana (11-4, 7-0 Big Sky) hosts Montana State (6-8, 3-3 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- The win over Southern Utah extended the Montana winning streak to 7 games.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Montana has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.5% or better.
- Montana has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- UM has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- This season Montana has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Will Cherry has 10 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Kareem Jamar plays 34 minutes or more, and 91% of the time (10-1) when Mathias Ward has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Grizzlies set season highs for free throws made and steals.
- The last time UM recorded at least 31 free throws made was Nov 30, 2004 against Cal State Northridge.
- UM set season lows for blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UM has a 11.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mathias Ward recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 13.
- Kareem Jamar tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Mathias Ward and Kareem Jamar) accounted for 43.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kareem Jamar and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 15 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Mathias Ward's career.
- Mathias Ward has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Will Cherry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- This loss extended the Thunderbirds losing streak to 4 games.
- Damon Heuir recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Damon Heuir and Jackson Stevenett) accounted for 52.2% of the points.
- Damon Heuir has led the team in scoring 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jackson Stevenett.
- Damon Heuir has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Damon Heuir set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Jaren Jeffery.