Eastern Washington 47
(4-13, 0-9 away)
North Dakota 65
(6-10, 5-3 home)
Venue: Sioux Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 17, 2013
||M Seiferth 14
||V Jois 14
||D Hill 5
||T Huff 18
||T Huff 11
||A Anderson 6
North Dakota squared off with Eastern Washington on Thursday, January 17th and pounded the Eagles 65-47 in Big Sky action. North Dakota was down 29-27 at the half, but then played much better in the second half and ended up winning big. Troy Huff earned a double-double in the Fighting Sioux win including a game-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Aaron Anderson had 17 points and added six rebounds. Martin Seiferth finished with a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds for the Eagles. North Dakota (6-10, 3-4 Big Sky) takes on Portland State (5-9, 3-4 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
North Dakota Game Notes
- UND beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Fighting Sioux have beaten the spread.
- North Dakota has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- The Fighting Sioux have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 13 or more assists.
- UND has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- The Fighting Sioux set a season high for rebounds (44).
- The last time UND recorded at least 44 rebounds was Nov 12, 2011 against Waldorf College.
- The Fighting Sioux have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the first win of the season where the Fighting Sioux came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--UND has a 10.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Troy Huff and Aaron Anderson) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Huff and Mitch Wilmer) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Huff has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- Aaron Anderson had a career high with seven field goals made.
- Troy Huff recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Huff has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Troy Huff recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and seventh of his career.
- Jamal Webb has four straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Webb had a career high with five steals.
Eastern Washington Game Notes
- Venky Jois recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Martin Seiferth and Venky Jois) accounted for 55.3 percent of the points.
- Venky Jois accounted for 36.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Venky Jois has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 17 games this season.
- Venky Jois recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Venky Jois has three straight double-digit point games.
- Venky Jois recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- Martin Seiferth has four straight double-digit point games.