South Florida 67
(9-7, 2-3 away)
(12-4, 9-2 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 17, 2013
||V Rudd 11
||V Rudd 7
||A Collins 7
||E Carter 15
||W Judge 6
||D Miller 2
South Florida faced off with Rutgers on Thursday, January 17th and lost a nail-biter to the Scarlet Knights 70-67 in conference play. The Bulls got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds from Jawanza Poland. Anthony Collins also had a solid outing, scoring 11 points. For the Scarlet Knights, Wally Judge got a season-high 14 points and three rebounds. Next up for South Florida (9-7, 0-4 Big East) is Georgetown (12-3, 2-2 Big East) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida started 9-7 during the 2011, 2006, 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- USF beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Florida has lost 27 close games.
- South Florida has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- USF set a season low for steals.
- The Bulls have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 6 games.
- South Florida has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Bulls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jawanza Poland and Victor Rudd) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Martino Brock and Javontae Hawkins) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Jawanza Poland has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Victor Rudd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jawanza Poland had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers won, but did not cover the spread.
- Jerome Seagears recorded a team season high in assists with 7.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Jack and Jerome Seagears) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Wally Judge set a career high with 7 field goals made.
- Jerome Seagears set a career high with 7 assists.